Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another year, another E.R. visit

Our concert on Friday night was a great success - we'll post more info and pictures later. But it started off a little rough for me (Phil). As I picked up a speaker to move into the theater, I cut my hand pretty badly on some metal poking out of it. Fortunately, the lady working behind the cafe counter had some first-aid bandages for me and I was still able to emcee the event.

The next day I went to the hospital where I got 2 stitches and a tetanus shot. Combined with my first ER visit a year-and-a-half ago, that makes 7 stitches in 2 years. Have I become clumsier since I've lived here? Perhaps, but I've determined that Saturday is the best day to pay a visit to the hospital. Both times I've been the only person there, the doctor has spoken English, and I've been home in less than an hour. I had to pay out of pocket (again) and it was a "whopping" $60 (again).

No comments: